#design #classes #online, #online #course #class #video #tutorial #hd #training #certification #continuing #education #accredited #ceu #certificate #fashion #design #career #seamstresses #designer #101 #introduction #distance #learning #expert #instruction #make #money #teaching #guide #help #tutor #knowledge
Fashion Design 101: An Introduction
Fashion Design 101 explains the qualities and skills necessary to become a fashion designer. You’ll learn about the many related career opportunities available besides that of fashion design and gain an inside look into today’s fashion business.
A fashion career is two-thirds artist and one-third business. Color, pattern making and illustration are all skills a fashion designer must learn in order to put a collection together. You’ll learn how becoming a fashion designer involves many core related principles to completely understand the many facets of the fashion business.
This course is ideal for students, seamstresses and anyone interested in the fashion business and design quality. Since a fashion designer wears many hats, you will gain knowledge about everything from haut couture to budget clothing and that design is about performing research, applying knowledge of fabric, coordinating color and texture, and monitoring quality and fit.
People who strive to become fashion stylists have a profound knowledge of fashion, a fierce personal style and a knack for putting together complete outfits for themselves and others. This course provides lots of different information about the fashion world to help you better understand why it is important to learn about fabrics, prints and other technical aspects of fashion in order to jump-start your fashion career.
Lesson 1: Historical Content and Education
Words of caution! If you want to enter a world the likes of Coco Chanel, you must be totally and utterly obsessed with fashion.
Lesson 2: Self-Employment or a Top Job
For a fashion designer, every season provides an opportunity. Technology alone enables a designer to deliver their message at a much faster rate.
Lesson 3: The Many Languages of Fashion
This lesson will discuss the different languages of fashion.
Lesson 4: The Realities of Manufacturing and Product Development
This lesson will discuss the realities of manufacturing and product development in the fashion world.
Lesson 5: Color and Fabric
An interesting fact about color: It extends from the religious, to the political, and the emotional.
Lesson 6: Fabric Production
Learning how to make professional garments using machinery helps you adapt to designing commercial quality clothing. You will need a range of cutting and pattern-making tools.
Lesson 7: Developing Personal Creativity and Style
Fashion design is all about creativity, breaking the rules, and setting trends. The role of the fashion designer is to make a person look good in an attractive way.
Lesson 8: Defining a Project
This lesson will discuss some of the projects students of fashion will need to be aware of.
Lesson 9: Fashion Business or Fashion Career
If you are ambitious enough to start your own business in fashion, kudos to you! It’s a tough road; however, it can be traveled successfully.
Lesson 10: Marketing Your Fashions: Defining Your Uniqueness
The setting is a creation of fashion marketing. Fashion marketing uses many tools to direct the artistic eye of its audience toward a chosen trend.
Lesson 11: Processing Orders and Accounting
One of the most difficult decisions for a new clothing business is establishing price. When setting prices for your clothing designs, be thoughtful, non-biased, and know your market.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Fashion Design 101: An Introduction
Course Number: 7550471
Languages: English – United States, Canada and other English speaking countries
Course Type: Professional Development
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned.
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Instructor: UniversalClass Staff Instructor
Duration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe historical content and education of fashion design.
- Determine whether you want self-employment or a top job.
- Describe the many languages of fashion.
- Describe the realities of manufacturing and product development.
- Identify color and fabric.
- Know fabric production.
- Describe developing personal creativity and style.
- Describe defining a project.
- Know fashion business or fashion career.
- Know marketing your fashions.
- Describe processing orders and accounting, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- “Participating in this course accomplished my personal goal, which was to jump-start myself into thinking analytically about fashion and about what I want to accomplish as a person-who-designs-for-myself, rather than staring blankly at the pattern books at Joann.” — Wende F.
- “All of it was helpful. This was new information for me.” — Cathy K.
- “All lessons were helpful and the instructor was very knowledgeable.” — Shekhar R.