Frequently Asked Questions
- Renters age 18 and up must present a valid drivers license, acceptable credit card, debit card, or cash.
- Renters age 18-20 must have full coverage auto insurance and a valid drivers license.
- At time of rental, an additional daily underage fee for renters 18-24 will be applied.
- When picking up a Houston rental car, all drivers must present a valid drivers license in the driver s name. A credit card, debit card, or cash (enough for rental and deposit) must be used for payment.
And two of the following for cheap car rentals in Houston: (Must match the renters name and address)
- A current vehicle insurance card (if you choose to use your personal auto insurance to cover the rental).
- A current copy/copies (within the last 60 days) of proof of residency, like a phone bill, bank statement, utility bill, lease, etc.
- Current U.S. military identification.
- A round-trip airline ticket, e-ticket, or travel itinerary from Houston, disclosing a return date and showing the renters name.
Non U.S. residents are required to present a valid drivers license or international driving permit and a passport from their home country. You must also present proof of your return trip back to your resident country or your confirmed reservation rate for car rental in Houston will change.
How much mileage comes with my rental?
- Each Houston car rental has a 100-mile per day limit. You may pre-purchase additional miles at a low rate. If you exceed the maximum limit without pre-purchasing, then you will have additional charges added to your cheap car rental in Houston.
Are there any geographical restrictions?
- Yes, we are a local car rental company in Houston and want our vehicles to stay locally. If you go out of state without prior permission, out of state fees may apply.
Do you charge extra for an additional driver?
- Yes, there is a small fee for additional drivers added to your cheap car rental in Houston.
- If they are under the age of 25, the underage fees and rules apply.
What is your cancellation policy?
- We require that you provide your credit card information to secure your reservation for your cheap Houston rental car, as is common for this type of reservation. You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance of your designated pick-up time without penalty. If you do not pick up your rental car or cancel in less than 48 hours in advance of your pick-up time, a $75 fee will be assessed to the credit card you provided us.
How do you cancel a reservation?
- You can cancel your reservation either by following the link in the confirmation email you receive when you make an online reservation or by calling into our office and speaking to one of our rent a car Houston agents.
Do you require a deposit to rent a vehicle?
- Yes, we require the rental fees and a $200 deposit for your cheap Houston car rental that is refundable when you return the vehicle, as long as you abide by the rental agreement (examples- not to exceed your mileage, returned with the correct fuel level, and not have damaged the vehicle, etc).
Drivers License FAQs:
- Non U.S. residents are required to present a valid drivers license or international driving permit and a passport from their home country for their cheap Houston car rental.
- A valid license from the Renter’s state of residence or country of origin is required (i.e. must not be expired).
- A military license is acceptable as long as it is accompanied by the Renter’s state of residence license, as well as proof that the Renter is on active duty.
- A Learner’s Permit is not an acceptable license.
- Some states will hold a Driver’s License after a ticket has been issued by police. This ticket is not acceptable.
Use of this site is subject to Terms and conditions Copyright 2014 – All Right Reserved
Ability Rent a Car 12140 Gulf Freeway Houston Tx, 77034 713-224-5489