Free Online Cognitive Psychology Courses from Top Universities
The University of California at Berkeley, Open University, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology provide students with the opportunity to learn about cognitive science online for free. A wide range of topics, including neural coding, language processing and principles of attention are included in these courses.
View available schools
Free Cognitive Psychology Courses
Cognitive psychology can be studied online with these free course covering topics like natural language and the computer representation of knowledge, sensation and perception, and human memory. These diverse subjects are available for students at any time.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Online cognitive psychology courses from MIT include pattern recognition for machine vision, and language processing. Topics discussed in the pattern recognition course include biological object recognition and extracting features from images. Students will have access to lecture notes on subjects like density estimation and action recognition, with study materials in the form of videos. Assigned readings from the language processing course will come from books, like Image, Language, Brain, from MIT’s press, and periodicals like the Journal of Psycholinguistic Research.
University of California, Berkeley
The free online cognitive psychology course offered by the University of California, Berkeley, is available as an iTunes audio podcast. In this format, 25 lectures are delivered from professor Richard Ivry. Topics covered include transcranial magnetic stimulation, electroencephalography, and neurophysiological research in animals.
With regard to cognitive psychology, Open University offers an examination of attention. Course topics include auditory and visual attention, the neurology of attention and distraction. This is a ten-hour course for advanced students.
Free Online Cognitive Psychology Courses At a Glance
- Ph.D. in General Psychology – Cognition and Instruction
- Ph.D. in General Psychology – Performance Psychology
- Ph.D. in General Psychology – Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- M.S. Psychology with an Emphasis in Gerontology
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Health Psychology
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Human Factors
- MS in Psychology: General Psychology
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- BS in Psychology
- B.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Performance and Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science with an Emphasis in Trauma
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in GeroPsychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Health Psychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Human Factors Psychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Forensic Psychology
- Graduate Certificate of Completion in Life Coaching
- PhD in Psychology – Gender Studies
- PhD in Psychology – General Psychology
- PhD in Psychology – Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology – Addictions
- PhD in Psychology – Health Psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology – Therapy with Military Families
- M.A. in Psychology – General Psychology
- M.A. in Psychology – Gender Studies
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Master of Science in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Master of Science in Forensic Psychology