Google Translate Disclaimer
This Google translation feature, provided on the Employment Development Department (EDD) website, is for informational purposes only.
The web pages currently in English on the EDD website are the official and accurate source for the program information and services the EDD provides. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version.
The EDD is unable to guarantee the accuracy of this translation and is therefore not liable for any inaccurate information or changes in the formatting of the pages resulting from the translation application tool.
Forms and publications provided on the EDD website cannot be translated using Google Translate. Some forms and publications are translated by the department in other languages. For those forms, visit the Online Forms and Publications section.
EDD Online Services
The Employment Development Department (EDD) automated some key services to provide customers with more online options.
- UI Online SM. UI Online is a fast, convenient, and secure way for Unemployment Insurance (UI) customers to access claim information, certify for benefits, and manage their claims 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition to certifying for continued benefits, customers can update their contact information, reopen an existing claim, view all scheduled appointments, reschedule phone interviews, and more.
- SDI Online. SDI Online is a Web-based Disability Insurance (DI) and Paid Family Leave (PFL) claim processing system. Individuals can file claims for DI, access personal information, obtain payment history, and submit documentation through SDI Online. Individuals can file claims for PFL and submit documentation through SDI Online. The system reduces claim processing time, provides immediate confirmation of forms submitted, and decreases postage costs. SDI Online is the faster and easier alternative to filing by mail.
- eApply4UI. Individuals are able to file or reopen an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by accessing eApply4UI. It is secure, reliable, and the fastest way to file or reopen a UI claim.
- EDD Debit Card SM Account. The EDD uses the EDD Debit Card from Bank of America to deliver benefit payments for all EDD benefit programs including Disability Insurance (DI), Paid Family Leave (PFL), and Unemployment Insurance (UI). Customers can use the Bank of America EDD Debit Card website to check account balances, activate their debit card, create a direct deposit transfer, and request to receive alerts (such as when there is a new deposit or your balance is getting low).
- Employer Services Online. With Employer Services Online, employers only have to enroll once to create a secure login (username and password), which will provide access to e-Service for Business. eWOTC. and SIDES E-Response.
For Job Seekers
- CalJOBS. CalJOBS allows job seekers to create r sum s that can be seen by employers, search the full-service employment center for job openings, look for training or educational programs, and much more.
- LMI Online. The EDD offers various methods for customers seeking labor market data and resources through the Labor Market Information (LMI) section of the EDD website. Users can get the latest update on the state of the labor market, explore occupations using the California Occupation guides or explore labor market data by using our interactive tools.
For Physicians/Practitioners and Physician/Practitioner Representatives
- SDI Online. SDI Online is a Web-based Disability Insurance (DI) and Paid Family Leave (PFL) claim processing system. Physicians/Practitioners and designated representatives can view a patient s initial claim for benefits, submit DI and PFL claim certifications, and view claim certification history. SDI Online is the best method to submit medical forms because it is the faster and easier alternative to filing by mail.
For Data and Statistics Professionals
- EDD Data Library. The EDD Data Library provides access to view and download data and information related to California industries, occupations, employment projections, wages, and labor force. The data can be used to better understand California s economy, to make informed labor market decisions, as a tool to direct efforts to promote the state s overall economic health, support workforce development, and much more.