#doctoral #degrees #online
CEU is committed to academic excellence offering a broad range of research opportunities. Additionally, CEU encourages international research through its support programs.
CEU doctoral programs. typically for students with a Master’s degree in a related field, normally take between three and six years to complete. For further information, see University Doctoral Regulations .
- First year. students must complete the taught course credits specified by their department. Dependent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive examination and a dissertation proposal (or an extensive research paper), students are approved for full doctoral candidacy.
- Years two to six. the period of doctoral candidacy, in which the student pursues research toward the dissertation.
- PhD in:
- Business Administration
- Cognitive Science
- Comparative Gender Studies
- Comparative History
- Environmental Sciences and Policy
- Mathematics and its Applications
- Medieval Studies
- Network Science
- Political Science
- Sociology and Social Anthropology
- SJD in:
- Legal Studies
Students who are approved for full doctoral candidacy are offered an additional edge: experience in another country; access to resources which enhance their research; and opportunities to make contacts which will help them professionally after completing their degree.
Opportunities for international research are aided by the Doctoral Research Support Grant Program, which funds students’ living costs while abroad.
Additionally, CEU collaborates closely with the Academic Fellowship Program (AFP) of the Higher Education Support Program (HESP), which supports young scholars from the region in finding placement in their home countries or elsewhere in the region.