Printable Enrollment Checklist
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Step 2: Apply for Financial Assistance
- Complete the Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for federal, state, institutional grants, work study, and student loans at http://fafsa.ed.gov/ .
- PRIORITY DEADLINE FOR THE FAFSA
FALL JULY 1ST, SPRING NOVEMBER 1ST, SUMMER APRIL 1ST
- HILL COLLEGE SCHOOL CODE 003573 (ALL CAMPUSES).
- Apply for HILL COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS online by June 1. Go to http://www.hillcollege.edu/students/scholarships/
- After applying for the FAFSA, a student should receive information from the college within two weeks. If you don t receive information on your application, please contact the Financial Aid Office. Additional documentation may be required to complete you aid package.
Step 3: Meet the Academic Placement Requirements
- ASSOCIATE DEGREE, ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE, OR CERTIFICATE OF TECHNOLOGY degree seeking students must show current academic skill level by assessment taken with Accuplacer, THEA, Compass or Asset or college transfer work in reading, math and English.
- TSI ASSESSMENT is given on Hill County and Johnson County Testing Centers daily for a charge of $39.
**You may qualify for exemption from testing if your Exit Level STARR, ACT or SAT scores are above the exemption cut score. Advising Centers can assist with score review. Bring copies of test score reports with you when you meet with an advisor.
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION degree seeking students are waived from placement requirements as long as they continue under the Certificate of Completion degree plan.
**Vocational Nursing Certificate of Completion need to show placement assessment prior to enrolling.
Hill County Campus
Johnson County Campus
Appointments Needed for Testing
Step 4: Log into MyRebel
- MYREBEL is the student portal located on the homepage.
- MyRebel is the location where you gain admission information, student records information, REGISTER ONLINE, check for account holds, view schedules and course availability, view financial aid missing documents and awards, accept financial aid awards, pay accounts, set up payment plans, and much, much more.
- LOGIN INFORMATION:
USERNAME: first name.last name PASSWORD: Lastname last 4 digits of student ID number
Step 5: Activate Student Email Account
- Hill College communicates through this email account. Please make sure to check this email account or have the emails forwarded to another account that is used. When communicating with instructors or staff, please send emails from your student account.
Step 6: Meet with an Advisor
- An advisor will help interpret your placement results, create an educational plan and review program requirements.
- Additional services such as tutoring, child care and transportation grants for technical programs, TRIO grants, Carl D. Perkins grant, test taking workshops, disability accommodations request and much, much more are offered through the Advising Center.
- MY ADVISOR is_______________________________ in the Advising Center.
- MY PROGRAM OR FACULTY ADVISOR is _______________________________. The Advising Center advisor will assign this person to assist me with my educational goals.
Johnson County Campus
2112 Mayfield Pkwy
Cleburne, TX 76033
130 E. Renfro
Burleson, TX 76028
Step 7: Register for Classes
- After meeting with an advisor, registration is conducted online through MYREBEL icon on the homepage or by clicking HERE .
- Certain RESTRICTED PROGRAMS will not have access to online registration. Those programs are LVN, LVN to ADN Transition, Associate in Nursing, Fire Science Program, Police Academy and EMT need to register on campus.
- See your program advisor for assistance.
Step 8: Get your Student ID Card
- Get your REBEL CARD. Your ID card can be used as a debit card. This is also where refunds will be placed if you set up an account. ID cards are located in the Residential Life Office on the Hill County Campus and Administration Building on the Johnson County Campus.
- An ID station is set up the week before classes begin on posted on campus registration dates.
Step 9: Complete the Payment Process
- Payment is available online through MyRebel, on campus in the administration building or by calling the Business Office. PAYMENT AND/OR PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS ARE DUE AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
- PAYMENT PLANS are available for most semesters. Plans can be accessed through MyRebel and the Campus Connect tab.
- Financial Aid PELL GRANTS LOANS are credited to student accounts 10 days prior to the 1st class day. STUDENT LOANS Students must sign a bridge note every semester in the Business Office if loans are paying any portion of tuition and fees or the student may be dropped for non payment.
- REFUNDS such as financial aid grants and loans are posted to Rebel Cards (Student ID Cards) after the refund dates. Other refunds are periodically posted to Rebel Cards. If you don t have a debit account set up on your Rebel Card, a check will be cut and available in the cashier office.
Hill County Campus
Johnson County Campus
Online Payment Payment Plan Options through MyRebel
Step 10: Purchase Books Supplies
- BOOKSTORES are located on the Hill County and Johnson County Campuses as well as limited hours on the Burleson Center. The bookstore is also available online from the Hill College homepage.
- Books are available to buy new, used and/or rent.
- FINANCIAL AID BOOK VOUCHERS are available directly in the bookstore. Students should contact the bookstore if their aid has been awarded. PELL grants and student loans vouchers will not be available until 10 days prior to the 1st class day.
Step 11: Online Courses
- All online courses begin through Blackboard. You can access Blackboard from the icon on the homepage or http://blackboard.hillcollege.edu/
- Contact your instructor via email!
Step 12: Be Successful!
- The ACADEMIC ADVISING STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER is proud to provide support to every student who needs it. Services are listed, but not limited to: educational planning, tutoring, learning and physical disability accommodations, grants for child care and transportation, test taking skills, learning labs, resume writing, interview skills.
- Know your IMPORTANT DATES for each term. Hill College posts the Academic Calendar to the website.
- FINANCIAL AID RECIPIENTS: Any student on financial aid must show attendance and complete eligible assignments prior to the census date of the semester to be eligible for their funds. Faculty certify attendance and determine eligible assignments after the census date of the term.
- ALWAYS KEEP IN CONTACT WITH YOUR INSTRUCTOR! Instructor syllabi have great information that can help you be successful in class. Make sure you are aware of assignment and test dates for class.
Contact Hill College
2011 Copyright Hill College. All rights reserved. Hill College 112 Lamar Hillsboro, Texas 76645 Phone: 254.659.7500