private medical insurance companies
If you are an expat living or working in Spain, it s important that you protect yourself against the high cost medical treatment and with cost and quality of healthcare varying enormously from town to town, you may need to travel to a different area if you require specialist treatment.
- No hospital restrictions – You re free to choose any hospital for your healthcare in Spain
- Covered in other countries – If you re an expat looking for health insurance in Spain, all our plans provide cover for treatment in other countries within your selected area. There are no hospital restrictions for treatment in other countries either
- Tailor your insurance – Our plans allow you to add cover for routine pregnancy childbirth, dental treatment and/or evacuation or repatriation, making your private health insurance in Spain truly individual
- Choice of currencies – You can pay for your premiums in Sterling, Euros or US Dollars
- Reduce your premiums – You can choose to have a higher excess to lower the amount you pay for your cover
ALC Health plans are designed to be flexible and give you the freedom to pick and choose the cover you need at a price that suits your budget.
Whilst you may already have an EHIC card, the cover it offers is only available if you normally reside in the UK and whilst in Spain on holiday or for a temporary stay. If you are a resident in Spain, then your EHIC will not cover the cost of your medical treatment in Spain.
Find out more about the EHIC restrictions, please click the blue button.
ALC Health, local support in Spain.